Saturday 29 September 2018

Taiwanese hacker vows to hack and delete Mark Zuckerberg's Facebook page and says he'll broadcast the takedown live on Facebook on Sunday

Taiwanese hacker vows to hack and delete Mark Zuckerberg

A Taiwanese hacker named Chang Chi-yuan has claimed he would take down Mark Zuckerberg's Facebook page in a live broadcast before appearing to pull out of the plan.  

Chang Chi-yuan told his 27,000 followers he would target the Facebook founder's own account this Sunday. Then he backtracked today and said he would instead demand money from Facebook in return for flagging up the glitch to Facebook.  He added that he had not expected the world's media to pick up on his plans.  
Chang describes himself as a "bug bounty-hunter" who claims to have exposed flaws in a series of high-profile companies' security systems, Bloomberg reports.  
In the post he said: "Broadcasting the deletion of Facebook founder Zuck's account. Scheduled to go live". 
Some commenters had criticised his plans, with one saying: "Listen man, if you really have a bug that can take over Zuck's page, I don't recommended you do it. 
You can just inform them about that bug and you will get rewarded for this."
Another said: "It’s really sad to prove your strength by hurting others."
Later Chang wrote in a comment: "I am canceling my live feed. I have reported the bug to Facebook and I will show proof when i get bounty from Facebook."
The Taiwanese social media celebrity has previously said: "I don't want to be a proper hacker, and I don't even want to be a hacker at all. I'm just bored and try to dabble so that I can earn some money."
He claims to have targeted the software of major corporations including Apple and Elon Musk's Tesla.

No comments:

Post a Comment